ADAM S. KESSLER focuses his practice on New Jersey and New York commercial litigation and real estate transactions. Mr. Kessler has experience in all aspects of litigation, from pre-trial discovery through appellate practice. Mr. Kessler has handled a wide variety of commercial disputes, including partnership disputes, business contract claims, real estate and foreclosure related litigation and landlord-tenant matters.
In his transactional practice, Mr. Kessler regularly counsels clients on commercial and residential real estate purchases, financing and sales, as well as real estate title issues. Mr. Kessler also has experience counseling Condominium Associations and their Board’s on day-to-day business issues and litigation matters.
Mr. Kessler received his J.D. from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law graduating with concentrations in Real Estate and Litigation. While in law school Mr. Kessler worked in the Legal Department of Morgans Hotel Group, the New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development and clerked for the Honorable Gill S. Freeman at the Complex Business Litigation Court in Miami, Florida.
Mr. Kessler has an undergraduate degree from Syracuse University and is a member of the North New Jersey Syracuse Alumni Association.
- Madison Equities of Paterson, L.L.C. v. Alvarez (App. Div. 2015)
- Greater Paterson Properties, L.L.C. v. Patel (App. Div. 2012)
- What New Jersey Private/Hard Money Lenders Need to Know About Usury
- Attorneys' Fees in Residential Leases
- Condominium Associations and Unit Owner Bankruptcies
- Memo – Foreclosure Update 11.2.11.
- Consequences of Homeowners’ Association Maintenance Arrears on Third-Party Purchasers at Sheriff’s Sales, New Jersey Law Journal, January 4, 2010